Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Hiawatha Behavioral Health & they are Hiring Candidates for Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Company Name : Hiawatha Behavioral Health
Company Location : Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783
Job Position : Direct Care Worker (DCW)
Job Category : Jobs in Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783
Job Description :
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Work directly with persons served in any of the following programs; Supportive Community Living (SCL), Connections Social Recreation, Children’s Waiver, In-Home Skill Building & Respite. When working in the Supportive Community Living program employees are responsible for assisting persons living in their own homes; providing guidance, assistance and direction in areas of daily living; and complete necessary documentation of activities provided. In the Connections Social Recreation Program, employees are responsible for assisting persons served in planning and carrying out activities in the community and Special Olympics. When working in family homes with the Children’s Waiver or In-Home Skill Building programs employees are responsible for carrying out training programs, performing assigned responsibilities and duties, documenting data from programs, charting all pertinent information and providing for the welfare and safety of the person served.
To be successful, this candidate must have
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Six months experience working with adults and/or children diagnosed with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, or severe emotional disorders, preferred.
3. Must display good observation and judgment skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate written and verbal information; write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, families or persons served, and the general public; perform a latitude of projects at one time and be accountable for continued progress; meet rigid deadlines and perform quality work in an efficient manner; and work cooperatively with agency employees, persons served, and the general public.
5. Basic computer skills necessary, with experience utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook programs.
6. Appointment is subject to driver’s license and criminal background check. Must be at least 18 years of age, maintain a working telephone, possess a valid driver’s license, and provide own transportation.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.35 – $18.55 per hour
8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website