Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Northern Energy Services & they are Hiring Candidates for Kenai Pressure Safety Valve Technician
Company Name : Northern Energy Services
Company Location : Kenai, AK
Job Position : Kenai Pressure Safety Valve Technician
Job Category : Jobs in Kenai, AK
Job Description :
NS PSV Technician
Test and repair various types of Pressure Safety Valves (PSV) associated with the Alaska Kenai Penninsula Area under the supervision of the PSV Lead or Integrity Foreman. This position will work a rotation schedule. Types of schedules are generally 1 week on 1 week off or 4 days a week.
Essential Job Functions:
· Identify rebuild, repair and service various field related pressure safety valves, to include parts replacement and reconditioning.
· Perform pre-testing; cleaning, disassembly and assembly on various types of spring and/or pilot-operated pressure safety valves under the HAK owner/user QC program.
· Perform testing on certified test equipment and complete all documentation by working under a National Board VR program.
· Troubleshoot various types of spring and Pilot Operated PSV’s in a facility / field environment.
· Examine work and materials for compliance with manufacturer specifications.
· Routinely perform maintenance or upgrades on the PSV Conx and shop equipment.
· Attend various technical, developmental, HSE and safety training.
· Perform DOT inspections, testing or repairs.
· Routinely cross train and perform needed work at the ANSI shop or in field.
· Good Housekeeping and cleanliness is expected and is a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
· Knowledge of ASME, NBIC and ANSI codes and their applications.
· Knowledge of pressure safety valves and / or pressure relief valves and vacuum vents.
· Knowledge of pressurized systems.
· Knowledge of bolt up and rigging procedures.
· Ability to cross train as an ANSI Valve Tech and work as needed.
· Ability to read and interpret P&ID drawings and identify piping classes and ratings.
· Ability to read and interpret various part drawings, customer specifications and valve assembly and maintenance instructions.
· Ability to work as a part of the team; communicate effectively with fellow workers and alternate.
· Ability to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.
· Ability to stay current on safety modules and training.
· Ability to perform work safely as required and expected.
· Ability to fill out paperwork correctly, legible and on time as needed.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Three (3) years’ experience working in a petrochemical or similar environment required.
· Two (2) years’ experience working on pressure safety valves and or pressure relief valves preferred.
· Valve manufacturer or National Board (NB) training preferred.
· Petrochemical, arctic oilfield experience preferred.
· Valid driver’s license * required*.
· Note: Skills tests may be required of new hires to demonstrate core proficiencies, or of existing employees to advance.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MOBILITY: Employee frequently required stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able physically able to access all mechanical, electrical and utility systems.
FINE MOTOR SKILLS: Frequently required to use hands and fingers with sufficient dexterity to perform close, exacting and repetitive tasks.
HEARING: Must be able to hear audible safety alarms and warnings.
VISUAL ACUITY: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Vision must be adequate to perform above listed tasks in a safe manner.
LIFTING: The employee must regularly lift, pull and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must display ability to read and understand job descriptions, safety/technical manuals and safety/warning signs. Must display sufficient oral communication skills to be able to give and receive oral safety warnings, instructions and task assignments.
ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to severe arctic weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, confined spaces, and the risk of electrical shock. May require work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $30.00 per hour
10 hour shift
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website