Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Henry Ford Health System & they are Hiring Candidates for Nurse Assistant – 36 hrs – Days – SICU – Henry Ford West Bloomfield
Company Name : Henry Ford Health System
Company Location : West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Job Position : Nurse Assistant – 36 hrs – Days – SICU – Henry Ford West Bloomfield
Job Category : Jobs in West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Job Description :
Under the direction and supervision of the responsible Registered Nurse (RN), performs specific patient care duties to meet safety and comfort needs of the patient. Provides input to assist the RN in planning and implementing patient care. Responds to emergent situations according to established procedures. Recognizes and participates in own continuing education. The Nurse Assistant follows the Henry Ford Health System Team Member Standards of Excellence in all interactions.
PRINCIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains effective, professional, and appropriate communication during all patient, family encounters and healthcare team member interactions. Actively participates in
Obtaining RN shift report
2. Identifies concerns related to patients, staff, and self, and communicates with the responsible RN.
3. Actively participates in the shared governance process to promote nursing and team practice.
4. Maintains commitment to peers evidenced by healthy communication principles and positive problem solving.
1. As directed, assists the RN in admitting, transferring and discharging of patients.
2. Demonstrates sensitivity to patients’ comfort and privacy and is engaged in patients’ care. Answers patient questions, and explains procedures when performing.
3. Provides personal care assistance to patients, including bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, mobility, comfort and transportation.
4. Provides therapeutic patient care under the supervision and/or direction of the RN, to include the following duties (per business unit process):
Measures, documents and reports vital signs
Collects, labels, and documents specimens at bedside
Gives non-medicated enemas
Changes colostomy bags
Assists with restraints, unsterile dressings, warm and cold packs
Follows proper isolation techniques and procedures
Assists with oral care
Performs venipuncture and chemsticks
5. Routine rounding on patients assigned when not directly engaged in patient care tasks.
6. Performs purposeful rounding according the unit standards.
7. Maintains safe and clean patient room environment.
Keeps room free from clutter
Cleans bedside tables
Maintains room free from excess supplies and linen.
Maintains cleanliness of other assigned areas.
8. Makes necessary supply deliveries to patient rooms and ancillary departments.
9. Performs other related duties as required within scope of practice.
10. Must practice the customer service Standards of Excellence.
Quality and Safety
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Maintains a clean, safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients/families in accordance with HFHS standards.
3. Recognizes and responds to emergencies and alarms and immediately
communicates situation to appropriate persons.
4. Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
5. Performs general clerical duties as assigned.
6. Ensures an adequate stock of patient care supplies, proper functioning maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
7. Documents patient care provided.
8. Provides 1:1 patient care for patient safety as assigned
1. Open and receptive to performance feedback for personal growth including:
Regulatory and policy compliance.
2. Participates in discussions with the Unit Leadership regarding job enrichment and career progression.
3. Supports administrative and unit governance changes to job role and unit
Research and Education
1. Attends and participates in educational forums as provided.
2. Completes required education in a timely manner and participates in on-going unit specific educational programs.
3. Supports unit research within assigned role.
1. Recommend participation in community activities that promote HFHS and the
customers we serve.
2. Represents HFHS by promoting an atmosphere of care, concern, pride and respect to internal and external customers
3. Maintains awareness of personal actions and activities and the impact on the image of nursing
1. Aware of financial implications of actions and decisions based on factors related to safety and effectiveness.
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
Must meet one of the following required criteria:
Completion of a Nurse Assistant program (titles for similar programs may vary; e.g., Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Patient Assistant Technician (PAT)) but perform the same job role.
Completion of a Medical Assistant program with or without experience.
At least one (1) year of previous experience in an NA, PCT, PAT, or similar job role.
May be currently enrolled in a nursing program and have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course.
Foreign trained and licensed RN who has relocated to the United States and does not hold a Michigan RN license
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) license preferred.
Complete BLS Heartsaver Certification during orientation.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website