Looking for a New Job? Our Portal is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Detroit Parent Network & they are Hiring Candidates for Parent Engagement Associate
Company Name : Detroit Parent Network
Company Location : Detroit, MI 48202
Job Position : Parent Engagement Associate
Job Category : Jobs in Detroit, MI 48202
Job Description :
PARENT/FAMILY ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Part-time Positions Part time = (8-16hrs per week) $15 – $17hr Regular Part Time
DPN Parent Engagement Associates believe in, support and model Powerful Parenting as fundamental to the growth and development of children, families and our community. This role is an essential part of the DPN Team. Parent Engagement Associates may work in one or two program areas. Associates report to and support Program Managers and varied DPN programs including assistance with daily operational needs, outreach, special projects, events and great customer service.
Associates Based On Their Background, Experience And Interest Will Receive Training And Support:
Helping Stomp COVID19 and Other Health Disparities;
Early Literacy or College and Career Coach With Families And Schools;
Building Parent Powered Policy Change and Parents As Leaders In The Home And Community
The Associate must communicate regularly with her/his supervisor to fulfill tasks, distribute information, and verify project timelines. Additionally, Associates assist Program Managers and DPN as a whole in meetings, events, generating ideas and working as a team to better serve our members, help DPN meet its goals and deliver high quality services across all areas of the organization. Associates are also primary in engaging parents and the community and may perform as much as 50% of their time at community settings and events (in person and/or online) as organized by management. Associate’s are essential in data entry, documenting events and activities, community and member follow-up; keeping DPN facilities and or other work locations clean and functional to meet program needs and maintaining a welcoming demeanor to assure that DPN offers a positive environment for all families and stakeholders.
Position and Time:
1. Associates may be compensated as a part time employee or as a contractor dependent on the program funding. The specifics for a given associate position are discussed in the interview.
2. Associates specific hours per week are determined by the program or grant in mutual agreement with the Associate and Management
3. Some positions may be limited to a specific time period based on funding
Associates Support Programs (Regular and Special Activities) and the DPN Administration as directed. The focus for Associates and All of the DPN Team is on Quality, Customer Service, and Meeting Grant Expectations is Fundamental
1. Planning, scheduling, organizing, prepping, cleaning and hosting meetings and events
2. Communicating, coordinating activities, materials, resources, engaging DPN internal teams and the public as directed, good skills using inperson, online and telephonic communication
3. Monitoring/reviewing programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and service delivery are of high quality
4. Developing ideas for programming and potential partnerships for programs, members and the community in variety of settings including homes, schools and other community organizations
5. Data entry in the DPN Database and overall documentation is mandatory and include events, lists, and varied activities. Data may also be entered into program spreadsheets and/or other tools
6. Creating, editing, duplicating and distributing promotional publications, such as brochures7. Fundraising, help establish and participate in fundraising, help safeguard contributions, and ways to communicate to members, board and community
8. Evaluating program effectiveness, help distribute, collect and tally evaluations and their communication internally and externally
9. Inventorying and assuring supplies/materials are within budget, organized, tracked, reported10. Advocacy and promoting DPN via Social-Media, Print and Word of Mouth, assisting members with technology, individual and team outreach in promoting programs and issues
1. Must be honest and ethical with relevant work history and/or educational experiences2. Must enjoy and be effective working in teams, be flexible, adaptive, willing to learn and take on responsibilities and challenges
3. Must be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks and data entry4. Must be pleasant, cooperative and sensitive to others’ needs and be helpful on the job5. Must be able to analyze information and use logic to address work-related challenges6. Must be timely, clean and dress appropriately for a professional community organization
1. Must have at minimum a high-school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred2. Senior Associate positions require 4+ years experience and/or related college degree3. Must have accurate typing and good Microsoft Office and Google skills4. Must have good oral and written communication skills5. Must have good organization and follow-up skills6. At least 1 year of experience working with the public in a customer service role in schools, health, business, retail and/or community settings
7. Must have reliable transportation; this position requires at least 25% travel with mileage compensation along with ability to lift 25 lbs. without complication
8. Must communicate regularly with team members by phone and internet and have basic knowledge of digital tools, using social media and familiar with online platforms such as Zoom
Detroit Parent Network is an equal opportunity employer. References and work samples required if a second interview or offer is made.
Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:Currently Team Members are working mostly remote with some on-site work in the office as required. All DPN Staff (including contractors) are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as our website